Susan Loris, executive vice president of institutional advancement for the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, and wife of St Paul’s artist-in-residence J. Mark Baker, will be Saturday, June 18 at 11 a.m. Members of the parish are invited to attend, and members of the Symphony will offer the music for the service. Additional information about Loris’ extraordinary career in the Milwaukee arts world is at the Milwaukee Business Journal and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Please keep Susan and J. Mark in your prayers.
We anticipate a very full house, and parking will be difficult. Parking is NOT available at the Lincoln School for the Arts. Here are some alternatives:
- The St. Paul’s parking lot on N Marshall St. has a capacity of 27 spaces, including two handicap and two reserved spaces.
- Immanuel Presbyterian Church is making their parking lot available at 1100 N Astor St. The capacity is approximately 40 spaces.
- All Saints’ Cathedral will allow parking in its lot, but ONLY in the spaces that directly abut the building. The other spaces in the lot do not belong to the Cathedral..
- Street parking within a few blocks St. Paul’s likely will be available, but that’s difficult to predict. Guests should be mindful that parking enforcement in Milwaukee is strict.
- For those able to park at the Bradley Symphony Center or nearly public parking lots and take the Hop streetcar, the schedule is below.
From Wisconsin Avenue Northbound Station, E Wisconsin Ave and N Milwaukee St
To Ogden & Astor Station, one block north of the entrance to St. Paul’s
From the station, continue in the opposite direction of the train to N Marshall St, turn left, and find St. Paul’s at the corner of E Knapp St and Marshall St.
- Departing 9:06 a.m., arriving at 9:14 a.m.
- Departing 9:26 a.m., arriving at 9:34 a.m.
- Departing 9:46 a.m., arriving at 9:54 a.m.
- Departing 10:06 a.m., arriving at 10:14 a.m.
- Departing 10:26 a.m., arriving at 10:34 a.m.
- Departing 10:46 a.m., arriving at 10:54 a.m.
From Ogden & Astor Station, one block north of the entrance to St. Paul’s
To Wisconsin Avenue Southbound Station, E Wisconsin Ave and N Broadway St
From the church, turn right on E Knapp St or N Marshall St and continue, finding the westbound station platform on the far (north) side of E Ogden St.
- Departing 12:01 p.m., arriving at 12:10 p.m.
- Departing 12:21 p.m., arriving at 12:30 p.m.
- Departing 12:41 p.m., arriving at 12:50 p.m.
- Departing 1:01 p.m., arriving at 1:10 p.m.
- Departing 1:21 p.m., arriving at 1:30 p.m.
- Departing 1:41 p.m., arriving at 1:50 p.m.