2022 Diocesan Convention
The 175th Convention of the Episcopal Diocese of Milwaukee is scheduled to be held on Friday, October 7 (evening) and Saturday, October 8, 2022.
Get ready to feel inspired to keep loving the world and renew the right spirit in our hearts.
We will reflect on how revival is the soil to grow movements and encourage growth. On the way of love, we don’t have to quit when we feel weary. Drawing on her twenty-five years of work as a priest and founder of Thistle Farms, Becca will offer us time to think how all our offerings change the balance of love in the world. She will also share stories from her latest efforts in Poland, working with women knitters who are refugees from Ukraine. Come prepared to welcome the spirit. Revival is not in spite of our hardships; it is in response as a defiant and faithful act.
About Becca: Becca Stevens is a speaker, justice entrepreneur, author, priest, and founder and President of Thistle Farms. She has been featured on PBS NewsHour, The Today Show, CNN, ABC World News, named a CNN Hero, and White House Champion of Change, holds five honorary doctorates, and raised over $65M in funding for justice initiatives. Drawn from 25 years of leadership in mission-driven work, Becca leads important conversations across the country with an inspiring message that love is the strongest force for change in the world.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND MATERIALS
The 175th Annual Convention of the Episcopal Diocese of Milwaukee will meet on Friday, October 7, 2022, at the Westin Hotel and Saturday, October 8, 2022, at the Italian Community Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Please complete the following steps to ensure a productive and enjoyable convention.
- Click here to register your lay and clergy deputies for the convention by Friday, September 16. There is one submission per parish, so check who will submit registrations on behalf of your delegates.
- Click here to register any additional guests who would like to attend the Friday night reception. The reception will feature a keynote by Becca Stevens, priest, author, and founder of Thistle Farms. Dinner, drinks, & dancing to follow.
- Click here to submit nominations for open offices and committee members. A description of positions elected at diocesan convention can be found here. Nominations are due by Tuesday, August 23, 2022, according to diocesan Constitution and Canons.
- Review resolutions on how to submit a resolution by consulting this document. Resolutions are due to Liz Orelup ( firstname.lastname@example.org) by Tuesday, August 23, 2022, according to diocesan Rules of Order.
- If staying overnight in Milwaukee, click here to book your room in the reserved hotel block.
- Submit names, dates of birth and death, and photos for inclusion in the video Photo Necrology to Communications Officer Sara Bitner ( email@example.com) by Tuesday, September 20, 2022. Make sure to send pictures that are the highest resolution possible.
For a preview of the 175th Annual Convention of the Diocese of Milwaukee, please join us for a virtual Pre-Convention Hearing taking place on Monday, September 19, 2022, from 6-7 pm via Zoom. During this virtual event, you’ll have a chance to learn about the resolutions submitted to Convention, hear an overview of the proposed budget, and ask any questions you may have. To help the facilitators prepare, please consider submitting your questions ahead of time using this link. We will post the Zoom link in advance of the meeting.