NOMINATED AS JUNIOR WARDEN, One-year term ending January 2023, renewable once
LENGTH OF MEMBERSHIP AT ST. PAUL’S: 3 years
OTHER CHURCHES ATTENDED:
- Baptized Episcopalian
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Cathedral, Minneapolis, MN
- Christ Church Cathedral, Eau Claire, WI
- St. John the Evangelist Episcopal, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
PARTICIPATION IN ST. PAUL’S MINISTRIES:
- Diversity Committee
- Organization of Black History Month, Diversity Sunday, & Cookie Walk Activities
Born in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, I have lived in a variety of states with my family including Georgia, California, and Oklahoma. I most recently moved here from Minneapolis, Minnesota. I currently reside in Oak Creek with my fiancée, Calvin Sampson. Although he is not a born Episcopalian, he and I have since become involved with St. Paul’s since Christmas Eve, 2018, and love the St. Paul’s community.
I began my teaching career in 1990 in Eau Claire, teaching 5th grade for 15 years. I left teaching for 14 years, moving to Minneapolis, Minnesota, to become Operations Manager for a Marshall Field’s Department Store, and working various management positions at two Macy’s stores in the Twin Cities area. I felt a strong calling to return to my teaching roots and continue my teaching career. I moved back to Wisconsin to become a 3rd grade teacher for the Kenosha Unified School District and live with Calvin.
- Bachelor of Science in Education – University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, 1989.
- Master’s in Education-Professional Development – University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, 1998.
- Creator/Director “Mission Eau Claire” Space Shuttle Simulation Program – Eau Claire Area School District.
- Outstanding Educator in Technology Program Award – Wisconsin Technology Association.
- Outstanding Teacher Award – Eau Claire Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Sales Manager of the Year Award – Macy’s Department Stores
- Twin Cities Pride Parade Coordinator for Macy’s Stores – Macy’s Department Stores
- Event Director – Chippewa Valley Pride Committee
THE FUTURE OF ST. PAUL’S:
- Build upon the religious values of St. Paul’s to become a pillar of progress within the Diocese.
- Increase parishioner membership for the future of St. Paul’s, especially with our younger families.
- Continue exploration of ministry and public activities to help build our St. Paul’s community and bring people to our church.